Tuesday, December 5, 2006

one skinny Santa, two big boys

This Santa visit cracked me up. The first thing I noted when we came to the front of the line (besides the lovely pastel background!) was Santa's tiny little legs. Aidan seriously had bigger thighs than this man. After my boys sat, talked, got the $15 overexposed picture, they hopped off Santa's lap. Santa's little helper rushed immediately over and queried, "Are your legs okay?" Yes, I know I have big boys. I knew when they were inside of me, I knew as they were birthed, and I knew as I struggled to heft them around until they learned to amble on their own (I really should have Madonna arms by now). And their personalities are equally large. Aidan alone makes more noise than any 20 children put together should. He talks big, moves big, smiles & scowls big. And Davyn has BIG time attitude. I'll have to capture his jaw-jutted-out, eyes-rolled-back look as evidence. Lots to deal with (note Aidan's scissor mania on his hair & Davyn's shoe lost in the food court), but lots to love on as well (note the irresistable cheeks). Though no smiles could be coaxed on film, my little pair was very excited (and even awed into big silence) to visit Santa - even if they crippled the poor man in the process.

No comments: